Irit is a respected lecturer, social worker, and mediator with decades of experience designing and managing programs for older adults. She holds a B.S.W. and M.S.W. from Tel Aviv University, and a Master in Law from Bar Ilan University.
Irit joined JDC-ESHEL in 2013 as director of Palliative Care and End of Life Situations, and director of JDC-ESHEL’s Manager Training Unit.
Irit takes a lead role in educating the next generation of professionals, and since 1992, she has served as the academic director and university lecturer on courses both in Israel and overseas. Her courses have included:
• Management of retirement homes, senior day centers, and hospitals
• Topics in nursing and caregiving
• Effective communication in the workplace
• Psycho-social aspects of aging
• Advancing interdisciplinary collaboration
• Assisting older adults and caregivers to address end of life issues
Irit’s current work is deeply informed by the years she spent early in her career working directly with older adults in different healthcare and residential settings, including Beilinson Medical Center, Clalit Health Fund (HMO), Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, and the Mishan Senior Residence.